I tried some really awesome vegetarian recipes this week, all of which were some sort of concoction based off my extensive Pinterest scrolling. All of these recipes were “Shannon-approved,” (and Luke actually liked them as well), but take that approval with a grain of salt! I have never been known for my cooking skills, I have never been known to follow recipes and I have never been known for having the same taste as other people! BUT, you’re on my blog, so I’m telling you what I thought tasted good 🙂
1.) Protein Pancakes:
- 1 scoop protein powder (I have some delicious cookies and cream protein)
- 1 egg white
- 1/8 cup flour
- 1/8 cup water
- Mix ingredients and cook on a frying pan!
This yielded two very dense and not very fluffy pancakes, that I topped with some organic maple syrup. According to Shannon math, the two pancakes plus the syrup is less than 300 calories. My favorite part was that they were super easy to make!
Other awesome recipes that I tried this week included:
- Pesto Pizza (perfect for my when I am craving pizza… which happens very often..)
- Parmesan Spinach and Spaghetti Squash (one of my favorite healthy snacks during the week)
- Spaghetti Squash and Quinoa Fritters (I have an obsession with spaghetti squash these days..)
- Cauliflower and Quinoa Meatballs (ended up coming out flat..)
So far, I am digging this vegetarian life! I am really getting into cooking and trying out different things and the MyFitnessPal app is definitely still my BFF. I haven’t bit the bullet and upgraded to the paid version yet, but the free version gives you a high level overview of macros! Not to mention all the challenges that you can join. I love challenges. And prizes. And now, after this long day of cleaning, working out extremely hard, and then cooking for hours (those cauliflower and quinoa meatballs are not what I would call “easy”), I am going to log my meals and watch some football. 🙂